Protect you and your family against the hardship of unpaid expenses for every day of confinement in the event you are hospitalized due to an accident or illness.
Our Hospital Daily Benefits Plan is available to members ages 18 to 63 and benefits start on the very FIRST DAY of your hospitalization. Other plans may not cover all expenses for a confinement in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, intensive care unit or for licensed home health care, leaving you with unpaid deductibles, co-payments and other unexpected charges. The Hospital Daily Benefits Plan can help fill the gap between the total cost of a hospital stay and any benefits you may receive from other coverage.
Pays you up to $100.00 a day for every day you are confined in a hospital for a covered injury or sickness. (1)
Coverage for outpatient treatment of a covered injury or sickness:
Up to an additional $100.00 a day for every day you are confined to a hospital: (1)
Pays you up to $100.00 a day up to 60 days for every day that Convalescent Care is required for a covered injury or sickness. (1)
Labor Dispute Waiver of Premium for active union members:
This information is only an outline of The Union Labor Life Insurance Company's Hospital Daily Benefits Plan features. Once approved for coverage, it is important that you read your Certificate of Insurance for the exact benefits, terms and conditions of this insurance plan as benefits, limitations, and exclusions may vary by age and State.
(1) Insureds ages 65 and over will be paid one-half of the daily hospital indemnity benefits for the first 60 days of continuous confinement (excluding Intensive Care). See your Certificate of Insurance for details. The daily indemnity benefits will be paid thereafter. Unmarried, dependent children under age 19 (age 25 in NM; age 21 in LA) or age 25, if a full-time student, will be covered at 60% of the daily indemnity benefits you select. The Hospital Daily Benefits Plan pays in addition to negotiated health & welfare plans or any other health insurance policy you may have. The benefits you collect and the premium you pay depend on your age and the plan you choose.
(2) Spouse includes Domestic Partner, Civil Union Partner, or Legal Partner as recognized by the jurisdiction in which you reside.
Select your own coverage plan.
No limit to the number of covered hospitalizations, the number of hospital days, or on the lifetime coverage amount you may collect.
Choice of individual or family coverage.
Flexibility to choose your doctor and hospital.
Acceptance is guaranteed regardless of your health history.(2)
No individual rate increases under your Union's group master policy.
(1) Spouse includes Domestic Partner, Civil Union Partner, or Legal Partner as recognized by the jurisdiction in which you reside.
(2) Age and state requirements apply. Some pre-existing conditions diagnosed within 6 months of coverage will be excluded for the first 12 months of coverage.
Pre-existing health conditions are not covered the first year. PRE-EXISTING CONDITION means a condition for which medical: advice; diagnosis; care; or treatment was recommended by or received from a Physician during the six-month period immediately prior to your Effective Date of coverage. The Pre-existing Condition Limitation will apply to new Covered Dependents or an increase in benefits on the effective date of the change in coverage, but will not apply to coverage already in force.
The Certificate will not pay a benefit for Hospital Confinements caused by, resulting from or contributed to by:
NOTE: Any of the above Exclusions regarding mental illness, alcohol, and drug abuse do not apply to individuals who are residents of or employed in the District of Columbia.
Also, the Hospital Accident Confinement rider will not pay a benefit for Hospital Confinements caused by, resulting from or contributed to by:
(1) Sickness or its medical or surgical treatment, including diagnosis; and
(2) bacterial infection except through an accidental injury.
Please contact 1-888-292-7749 for any questions regarding the product exclusions.